Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

January 30, 2012

1*30*12 Indoor shot and Strength 8.1

So schedule changed a bit this week and today was my opportunity to go and throw at LSU.  Since my chances to get actual coaching are rare I will take it when I can get it.

Throwing:
18# standing x 10 best of 50'
18# fulls x 5 best of 57'
16# fulls x 15 best of 63'



Things are still feeling off throwing out of a legit ring but they are getting better each week.  The meet I am intending on doing is not till middle of Feb so I have time to not suck.  I am happy with the distances but saving a decent throw right now may not be in the realm of possibilities.

Lifting:  Real shit show
Squat:
bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 3
585 x 3
605 x 3

This was the heaviest feeling training day I can recall in a long time.  The last set of squats were gross.  I left pretty bummed about it and decided not to bench since it went so bad.  After I got home and started looking through my throws videos I realized how many throws I took.  I am just happy I was able to hit RXd.  Next week will be a different story.  I will get my shit together and do it right.  Tomorrow is going to be the second half of this training day.

The additional throwing is going to hurt my strength training right now but I want to take a shot at hitting a big mark at an indoor meet so we will see.  I think I can be fine next week on test week if I plan a bit better for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search