Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

January 21, 2012

1*21*12 6.3 Strength. The continuing saga of shitty Olympic lifts and bad cabers.

My best caber day ever... glad to make it count.
1*21*12

So I still feel all congested in my head and the drugs have me swimming a bit.  But what am I going to do just lay on the couch and watch Top Gear?  Nah I have a shitty workout and get he RX'd sets and reps then go out and enjoy the 80* weather and play with my awful caber.  I did take a short minute to make a wedge so that I can stand the caber up by my self.

Standard warm-up


Cleans:
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
305 x 3 x 2


Snatch:
135 x 3
225 x 3 x 3


I also rode the spin bike in between sets for a mile.  So a little cardio is going to help get me a little quicker when I enter the speed phase in a couple weeks.  I am still a bit heavier right now than I want to be.  Would like to be 275-280 not 280-285.  Not a big difference but some simple changes will take care of it.


Throwing:
Caber: 
pick and walk x 5
throws x 10 ( 3 fifers out of the group)
I sure hope that this thing is that hard and not that I suck this bad at caber.  I figure I get better at repetition and most pros who are good at caber have been at it for 5years or more.  They also do roughly 20 games a year.  3 attempts at caber a game.  That comes to 3 x 20 x 5= 300 caber attempts to start to catch up.

I knocked 15 down to day only 285 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search