Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

November 21, 2011

11*21*11 squatting? A less than stellar performance.

11*21*11-1.2.3.1


Louisiana's Gulf Coast.... before BP Spill
So with two weeks of high volume left.  I get to knock out my second to last 10 x 10 squat day.  Not exactly looking forward to it today, but tried to get my head together to get the reps in and call it.  They all can't be great work outs, and 10 x 10 are definitely a means to an end.

warm-up:
actually did a bit more hoping my head would turn it on and get ready to train.

Training:
Squat:
bar x 10
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 10
355 x 6 x 10 with light knee wraps.
I prefer to use knee sleeves but with the humidity I can not seem to get them on high enough.  Wraps are just easier than fighting with those uncomfortable things every set.


Snatch:
175 x 3 x 5


Good mornings:
bar x 3 x 10

After forcing myself through an agonizing workout.  Nothing felt good and everything felt heavy.  Not sure the cause but Since it is the first real rough one I have had in 8 weeks, I'm good with it.  Something is tight in my right calf though, this one is going to be sore for a while.

So as of now I have this week and next of high volume then I am going to do a test week.  After this I will take a good deload and prepare for a strength cycle.  On test week I am going to shoot for a max rep lift on squat.  I would like to hit 585 x 10 or close to it.

This is way better than my shitty work out enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search