Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

December 05, 2011

12*5*11 Squat Testing 585 x 3

Today's training I decided to get in and test my Squat Max.  The plan was to work my way up and hit 585 for max reps.  I hit 505 for a grueling 10 reps about 5 weeks ago.  So the goal going in was that I am going to hit 585 x 10 well it was not to be.  I don't have any excuses other than the weight was to heavy and I over estimated where I was.

With that said all of the high volume I have done was based off of what I honestly thought I could lift at the end of the season.

This squat comes out to give me an Estimated 1RM of 640 so I am happy since everything for the last 10 weeks was built around a 600 squat max.  Progress is progress I will see where I am after 5 weeks of Max Strength work.

Well here is how it went

Squat:
bar x 10
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 3 for a RM not an all time PR for me but definitely the strongest I have been while only focusing on the Highland Games.


2 comments:

  1. From an outsider to the powerlifter world but still someone who excels at strength sports I have to get your opinion on the World Records that are being broken by the guys at Westside, have you seen Hoff's latest 1200# squat, I get he is strong as hell but what is your opinion when you see a guy cut a squat that high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I have not seen the video. It may be high but he is playing to what the judges allow. Any problems with this has more to do with the integrity of the judges than the guys in the platform.

    Also 1200# is an amazing weight to even hold on your back let alone squat it. The most I have ever handled is a 1000#s and I did fuck all with it.

    These guys are pushing the sport and seeing what the body can hold up to. There is no way to even think about unracking that much weight unless you are a strong son of a bitch.

    If something needs to be fixed in PL and the depth of squats it is going to have to come from the judges side of the sport. I was told when I started powerlifting by a good friend that any more than 2 white lights mean you went to low. I still believe this and if I was competing would play to whatever the rules of the federation that I decided to compete put forth.

    Have a good one mate.
    Get Strong

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search