Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

August 30, 2011

8*29*11 Pre-workout shake, Training Video, and Cakes

I am still prepping for my last three games of the year.  I was for whatever reason not really feeling motivated to throw today, but after taking my pre-workout shake I was ready about 15 min later.  I mix two scoops of protein (Chronomass), 1 scoop of Jack3d, and 1 scoop of Modern BCAA.  For whatever reason this combination has worked great for me.  Even on days that I don't want to train after I take my shake and get my lifting for the day planned out and what I want to accomplish I am good to go.


Now that I am feeling motivated to do something other than lay on the couch, I decided to knock out my day one.  Normally with a games this week I would be backing way off but since I have three in a row I will be backing off at the end of next week so that I can try and peak at IHGF Pro Worlds.  This is not saying that I don't want to throw well the next two weeks, (cause I do and will have to if I want to win) I just want to give my self the most opportunity to throw my best at Worlds.

Training:
Lifting:  Here on out are sets of 2.  Nothing too heavy keeping it between 50-65% so that weight feel fast.

Warmup:
jump rope
roll foam/pvc
stretch
stick
rehab on elbow

Squat: ss bar
bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 2 x 2
315 x 2 x 2
365 x 2 x 2
(elbow rehab between sets)

Throwing:
Ostone:
standing x 5 with shot  best of 50'   (sucks throwing one of these again)
fulls x 5 with stone best of 61+ three over 60'

HWFD:
one turns: x 3 40'
fulls x 5 best of 44 ( all over 40' and three around 43+')

Things are feeling how I want them to feel right now.  I just need to stay focused for the next three weeks and get done what I am supposed to.  I also came in from the field yesterday to find my lovely wife baking a cake and cupcakes.  She made a cake that was like a giant Ding-Dong, the snack cake not dicks, and cupcakes the same way.  She is totally awesome I can't wait to have her come to San Francisco with me and fill her up with In-and-Out.  I have to say I am just as excited about this trip as I was going to Iceland this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search