Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

February 17, 2012

Track Meet Shot-put PR.

Even though training lately has not been as planned ( 10 days out of throwing shot).  I made the commitment and followed through.  I threw today at LSU's 1st indoor track meet of the season.  Getting the opportunity to compete with a bunch of young kids is always fun and humbling.  I still have some work to do but there is a big throw lurking if I can get it together.  All in all for the minimal time I have had to get re-accustomed to throwing in a ring I ma happy with today's results.

Best throw was 58'11.5"
Had warm ups over 60 and a 62' foul.

58'11.5" is an all time pr for me in the shot so I am happy with today.  If nothing else I got the chance to compete.  I love the feeling from it.  Taking the training and putting it to the test.  Facing this type of thing head on and being able to prove yourself is always going to make me stronger.

I have a Clinic and the Kickoff games next weekend.  Even though my scores don't count toward the HG ranking I don't care I get the chance to compete and throw.  It is what I love doing.  Then another Track meet probably my last one for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search