Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

February 12, 2012

Strength 9.2 Push Press PR 369 and 389

Finishing up last week of my pre-season strength block.  Test week has gone pretty well despite my head not really being in it.  I am already mentally starting to shift a more to throwing and moving faster.  The next block is 5 weeks of speed and power really looking forward to this.

I am planning on throwing in a track meet next weekend here in town at LSU.  Should be a good time, but I wish I had more time to throw to get ready.  Hoping to get out and throw today some.  Need to hit hammers and caber so that I stop sucking at the so bad..

standard warm-up:
Push Press:
bar x 10
135 x 3
225 x 2
315 x 1
315 x 1
365 x 1
369 x 1 PR
389 x 1 PR ( Looks like I may have jerked it a bit more than I planned.)


DL:  Umm this was a huge disaster.  My warm-up weights felt good, then when I hit 600 it was like gravity turned on and it was stuck to the floor.  Oh well fight another day.


Training music:  Fake shark Real zombie.

Last week while in OKC I had a chance to go and see the movie The Grey.   I thought this movie was awesome and much deeper concepts than I expected.  If you like things that are awesome go see it.  If you go see it and don't like it chances are you are not awesome.  Speaking of awesome My wife and I are watching Drive  tonight.  I have seen it and she has not.  Another great film however the trailer is a bit misleading to what the actual film is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search